Thursday 6 May 2010

Sam Hawkins-Illustrator.

Sam Hawkins lives right next to me in the studio. His work is effortlessly good and his sarcastic comments always cutting. His personality is that of an old man and the only things that make him happy are boobs, his bike and moleskin sketchbooks.



1. How many cameras do you use and what are they?
A box brownie, canon DSLR, Olympus ON10, Pentax ME Super, Olypus trip, A polaroid and few others from charity shops. And a lomo.




2. Do you use your camera in your work?
No. No real reason but I'm an illustrator not a photographer.

3. Do you prefer drawing from pictures or real life?
Real life-Real life changes, why reproduce from a photograph ?(but I still do occasionally)

4. Can you remember your favorite photo you've taken?
No. I don't think so.






5. Why did you choose illustration over fine art/photography/other areas of art?
Photography isn't a real subject, everyone can do it. I think I'm extra talented and something special.

6. How would you describe your work? What interests you?
A mess. When I'm not drawing cocks, vagina's and breasts I like drawing pedophiles and Sebs' dad naked kissing my dad naked on the mouth. Are you getting all this down? This is gold.




7. What do you think about the crossovers between the subjects?
Because they are all changing it doesn't really matter. I still dont think of photography as art, although I like Daf Bruening. He's good, but its still not art its just funny.

8. Where can I find more of your work?
I have a blog but I'm not giving it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment